Due to health concerns, Pierre Boulez, conductor emeritus of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, has canceled his two-week engagement in February at Symphony Center.

The CSO will proceed with the programs, which were designed as a celebration of the conductor-composer’s “innovative musicianship and mentorship,” said Deborah F. Rutter, president of the CSO Association, and which consist of works by Stravinsky, Ravel and Debussy. Replacing him on the podium will be guest conductors Matthew Aucoin, winner of the 2013 CSO Solti Conducting Apprenticeship; Cristian Macelaru, the 2012 Solti winner, and Marcelo Lehninger, music director of the New West Symphony Orchestra in Los Angeles. Boulez had previously invited the three to join him during his CSO residency, to observe as he prepared the programs.

Because Boulez had drawn up specific directions for each program, “the spirit and soul of what he imagined these weeks to be will be very much present,” said Martha Gilmer, CSO vice president for artistic planning and audience development. “Video projections of Boulez’s insights into the creative concept for each concert program, as well as his thoughts on individual works of music, will be an integral part of the programs.”

For details, please go to cso.org: Feb. 20-25 program and Feb. 27-March 1 program.