In 1994, in preparation for the Symphony Center expansion project, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association acquired and renovated the historic Chapin & Gore Building on East Adams Street. Today, that building houses the Association’s administrative offices, the Symphony Store, and tesori restaurant.
(Image above: The entrance to the Nepeenauk Bar (ca. 1905, image courtesy of chicagogeek via SAIC Digital Libraries) and tesori (May 2014). Take a close look at the reflection in the door glass for past and present transportation options.)
Read more: From Chapin & Gore to Symphony Center